Lutheran Church of the Resurrection (LCR) is more than Sunday worship services and Sunday School!!
As Lutherans, as Christians, we are part of our community. We invite anyone to participate in any activities. .
This section outlines some of the ministries which are part of Lutheran Church of the Resurrection. What we do, how we do, who we are.
Parish Education includes these ministries:
Confirmation - two year program beginning in 6th grade
- First Communion Classes - Children and parents meet with Pastor to prepare students to receive the gift of Holy Communion
- Youth Groups
Vacation Bible School
Adult Study Groups
- Sarah Circle - meets 1st Thursday of the month @ 9:30 AM
- PEEPS -- meets 1st Monday of the month @ 7 PM
- Bible Study -- Sunday Morning (9:45 am) & Tuesday Evening (6:00 PM)
Social Concerns Team includes these projects & ministries:
- Food Pantry -- 1st Sunday of the Month is Food Sunday
- PADS -- church members support the PADS program @ Redeemer's church
- Prayer Shawl Ministry -- meets on the first Saturday of the month @ 9:30 AM
Fellowship Team includes these ministries & activities:
- Annual Church Picnic
- Dinners -- potlucks & special dinners including Seder Meal
- Special Events and Outings
Evangelism / Outreach includes these ministries:
- Ladies Night Out & Scrapbooking Events
- Welcoming Visitors
- Welcoming new members - Orientation of New Members
- Coffee Houses
- Works to reach the community and spread the word of Jesus Christ (one example is this website which originated as an Evangelism project)
- Provide representation of LCR at the Oak Forest Awareness Fair
Worship & Music:
- Altar Guild -- prepares the church and elements for worship services ( prepares communion, changes paraments as needed, amd more to serve the church)
- Music Ministry including choir, songleaders, & handbells
- Ushers / Greeters
- Media, Video & Sound ministry
- Lay Readers / Communion Assistants
- This team overssees the planning of worship services during the year and is responsible for obtaining ushers, lay readers, & communion assistants.
Outreach - Reaching out to members in need & our extended family:
- Visitation Ministry - visit & bring communion to homebound members
- Prayer Partners Ministry - bring the needs of members to the Lord in Prayer on a daily basis.
Properties - taking care of church property:
- Oversees the upkeep of the church grounds and the building
- Organize cleaning days 3 - 4 times a year.
- Oversees special projects & repairs to the building and grounds
- Resurrection Preschool has provided a Christian-based instructional program to the community for over 40 years. Three and five day programs are offered. Children need to be at least 3 years old and toilet-trained. The Preschool is DCFS approved.
- Oversees the operation of the preschool making sure a safe, healthy & Christian learning environment is maintained
- Approves school calendar, handbook, curriculum, & budget
- Establishes procedures for tuition payments
- Hires staff members as needed